Monday, February 12, 2007

You had me at Young Jeezy


Weekends are for amateurs

I came to this realization when I was living in new york. Going out on weekends and waiting in line for drinks isn’t fun in bars that are elbow to elbow and really stuffy/humid. I’d much rather entertain/hang out at someone else’s. Case in point: tunnel top is a very bad idea for weekends. Beauty bar is a bad idea for weekends (as much as I like the music and the people there, its too crowded).

Last week, saw Lily Allen at Great American music hall (was really faded the last time I went with estro j, boss snuggs & bot). good show. Went to Berkeley with a few people on Thursday to see the taping of wait wait don’t tell me. Sue Ellicot is not that witty or funny. Carl Kassel (sp?) plays the stone faced, straight man. Someone heckled phil Bronstein shouting “komodo dragon” (by the way, he was very inarticulate – isn’t he the editor of the chron? Nor was he charming – wasn’t he married to Sharon stone? Maybe he was nervous of being in an auditorium of liberal older white people ha) It’s always strange to be back in Berkeley. Such a strange period in my life where so much changed over the period of 5 years. Most of the people I know/hang out with now have been people I met my last year at Cal or post graduation. I’m glad there’s always something to do or people to hang out with every week, but I think I’m starting to get tired of this beautiful city. Maybe not tired, but things are starting to lose their fun/excitement. I’m a believer that you don’t need to travel everywhere to have fun, but I would like to meet new people and try new things again. Still struggling with school in asia and in the middle of trying to get out of PA.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home